Community teams on the ground in the East Riding are saying that a big concern for residents during Coronavirus, is staying connected.
With more of us staying at home or facing self-isolation it is vital that we can call on reliable, local support services to ensure that we don't get cut off from our communities.
This page is designed to collate key, localised information that could be useful for you.
Please note: that this page is a work in progress and new updates shall be added on a regular basis.
Local befriending services:
• CallER Collective East Riding: CallER Befriending Phone Line for East Riding of Yorkshire Residents: 01482 215929
Local support groups (for different parts of community):
- Hull and East Yorkshire Mind: Offering support at this uncertain time. Please call 01482 240200
- Hospital Discharge Help for East Riding: Joanne Taylor, Home from Hospital Co-ordinator, Scarborough & Ryedale Carers Resource. Please contact: 01723 850155 / 07716639396
- The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association (UK) new Covid-19 Sight Loss Information line is now open, A telephone advice line: 0800 781 1444 Providing answers and information for adults and families of children with sight loss. Lines are open Monday to Friday from 10am – 4pm
- East Riding Domestic Abuse Partnership: Supporting victims of domestic violence and domestic abuse. Please Call 01482 396330 or email DVAP@eastriding.gov.uk
- National Domestic Abuse hotline: Call for free and in confidence 24hrs a day on 0808 2000247.
- East Riding Safeguarding Adults Team: Please call 01482 396940.
- NSPCC Helpline: Available for anyone with concerns about a child to contact for professional advice and support. Please call 08001111
- Childline: Available for children an young people to reach out for help and support by phone or using their online chat service. They also provide specific guidance for young people on how to get help and what to do if they are worried about a friend. Please call :0800 1111.
- Barnardo's: Provide support to families affected by domestic abuse. Please call 0208 550 8822.
- Sign Health: Provides domestic abuse services for support for deaf people in British sign. Please call: 07970 350366 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Men's Advice Line: A confidential helpline for male victims of domestic abuse and those supporting them. Please contact: 0808 801 0327
- Galop LGBT+ Community: Domestic abuse specialist helpline. Please contact 0800 999 5428. Email: email@example.com.
- Alzheimer's Society: Still taking Referrals for people suffering with Dementia and Alzheimer's. Please Contact: 01482 211255 or visit, HullEastRiding@alzheimers.org.uk
- Dog walkers/sitters -Paws for Fun 07481291453, Calllum's K9 Walks , 07915395488, Summer Rayne Sitters 07866417650