Community teams on the ground in the East Riding are saying that a big concern for residents during Coronavirus, is access to food.
With more of us staying at home or facing self-isolation it is vital that we can call on reliable, local services to get the food we need for ourselves and our loved ones.
This page is designed to collate key, localised information that could be useful for you.
Please note: that this page is a work in progress and new updates shall be added on a regular basis.
Restaurant / café / takeaway delivery service
- Duke of York Skirlaugh- Wed-Friday 5-8pm-collection and local delivery- 01964 500300
- The Green Owl Hornsea- Pie and mash delivery in Hornsea and surrounding villages-Fri-Mon 11-6-website- https://stackowl.square.site/ or contact 01964 530442
- The Frying Farmer Aldbrough- Takeaway- Mon-Wed 4-8pm, Thurs 11-8pm, Fri-Sat 11-9:30pm, Sun 11-6pm- can pre order on the day -01964 527611
- Coach and Horses Welwick- Monday 5-8pm, Tues-Sat 10-8pm (closed 2-3pm), Sun 10:30-8pm -01964 630788
- Haven Arms Hedon- Friday 4-7:30pm, Saturday morning 10-12pm and Sunday 12-6pm- Takeaway/drive thru- 01482 897695 or 'Haven Arms Hedon' on Facebook
- Camerton bar and restaurant Thorngumbald- Friday and Saturday 4-9pm- Takeaway- menu on Facebook- Sunday 12-5pm for Sunday lunches- 01964 601208
- Berts pizzeria Bransburton- Thurs-Sat takeaway- order from 3pm each day for that evening and pay over the phone- 01964 541809- menu on facebook
- Spread Eagle Withernsea- Friday-Sunday 4-8pm- 07854380360- menu on facebook
Local shop delivery services (groceries, meat, bread, household goods etc)
- Patrington Food and Community Grocery Delivery Service - Guys Café Bar and Restaurant, Patrington Haven Leisure Park. Please order between 9-5 for free next day delivery. Deliveries are available Mon to Sat to HU12, HU9, HU8 and HU11 postcodes. Contact number 01964 632046.
- Burton Pidsea Costcutter - Vulnerable and Elderly People Delivery Service. Available to residents of Burton Pidsea only 01964 670715
- Pheals of Hedon Butchers delivery service - Free delivery to Hedon and £5 to surrounding villages and East Hull 01482 890707 after 9am
- Andrew Little Butchers, Hedon - Vulnerable and Elderly People Delivery Service. Delivered Monday and Wednesdays. Contact number 01482 896196.
- The Food shop Hornsea- weekly meat (£30) and breakfast (£19) packs- collection or delivery to local area- 01964533805
- Costcutter delivery for vulnerable, self isolating individuals - Bransburton area 01964 543480, Leven area 01964 542344, Skirlaugh area 01964 562254
- Nature's finest fruit and veg Hornsea- fruit/veg boxes, eggs and milk deliveries- 01964 534641
- Countdown Hornsea- cleaning products, hardware, some groceries and milk- 01964 535996
- Bottrils butchers, Hornsea- 01964 532116
- East Riding Country pork- Home delivery for Withernsea, Patrington, Alborough, Hornsea, hedon and surrounding villages- 01964 671137
- Shores Withernsea food bank- 01964 615190
- Holderness Fruit and Veg- Fruit and vegetable boxes £25, extras box £8 (milk, eggs, bread and biscuits)- Daily delivery's to Withernsea and surrounding areas- 07957626526
- Hornsea food bank every Wednesday 1-3pm at Floral Hall- Anyone can use the food bank they don’t need a letter or a referral or anything just turn up.
ABR pet supplies- delivering to Preston and Hedon most days if people need things- Do not just sell pet supplies they sell logs, coal and kindling, sacks of potatoes, eggs, crisps, fizzy drinks etc.- contact 01482 899531
- The Falcon Inn- Withernwick- providing a pop up shop for local residents from 11am to 2pm seven days a week
- The Swan Inn Seaton- pop up shop including meat and veg from 12 til 6pm Sun-Thurs- can be delivered- 01964 533352
- Petals Pets and Paws Hornsea- Mon-sat 9-4- flowers, fruit, veg & pet food - delivery to Hornsea and surrounding areas or collection- 01964 535012
- Coach and Horses Welwick- Farm shop next door able to deliver food supplies (bread, tins, pasta ,fruit, veg, cheese, pies, sausage rolls, cakes)- Monday 5-8pm, Tues-Sat 10-8pm (closed 2-3pm), Sun 10:30-8pm for collection-Wednesday and Friday for delivery- 01964 630788
- Preston Post office- Veg boxes £25, Breakfast package £8.50, other food and household items- delivery to Preston and local areas- Mon-Sat 7-3pm, Sun 8-1pm- 01482 898409
- Graystone Bros Propa Butchers Roos- Meats as well as pies and pastries- Delivery to Withernsea and surrounding areas- 01964 670992, Text 07803745037 or email email@example.com
- Inmans 'helping hands' community service- essential item shopping and delivery- Monday-Friday 8:30am-3pm 01482 899485
Meals on wheels delivery services
- Withernsea Cooked Food Delivery - Shores Centre. Please make bookings before 10am, deliveries are made between 11:30 and 1pm. Charges are £5 per meal package. Contact number 01964 615190.
- Hornsea Meals on Wheels- Hornsea,
Skipsea (and all villages in that semi circle)-
Daily drop offs-
- Matthews Enterprise, Neat Marsh Road, Preston. Home cooked meals and pudding freshly made and frozen on site for you to reheat at home. Maximum 3 meals per house hold each day. Other cakes and pies made to order. Not charging for food just a delivery charge of £3 or a donation as they are a charity. Delivering to Preston, Hedon and surrounding areas. 01482 688091. 07947985902 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parsley Box – cupboard stored tasty meals, ordered online and delivered fast to your door.
Parsley Box meals take just minutes to heat through, with lots of choice to suit a budget- call 0800 612 7225 or website https://www.parsleybox.com/
- Inmans 'helping hands' community service-Hedon- Monday-Friday- £4 per meal-01482 899485
Door-step shopping delivery services
- Patrington private hire shopping delivery- free collection and delivery of shopping for vulnerable/self isolating residents of Patrington-
- Bubbles window cleaners- Hedon and Preston- Shopping/errands for the vulnerable and self isolating-