Community teams on the ground in the East Riding are saying that a big concern for residents during Coronavirus, is staying connected.
With more of us staying at home or facing self-isolation it is vital that we can call on reliable, local support services to ensure that we don't get cut off from our communities.
This page is designed to collate key, localised information that could be useful for you.
Please note: that this page is a work in progress and new updates shall be added on a regular basis.
Local befriending services:
- CallER Collective East Riding- CallER Befriending Phone Line for East Riding of Yorkshire Residents- 01482 215929-
Opening Hours: 8am - 10pm
- The Silver Line- The Silver Line operates the only confidential, free helpline for older people across the UK that’s open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days of the year- 0800 4708090
Local support groups (for different parts of community e.g.: families, elders, LGBT, disabled community members):
- Active Withernsea - main contact Alex (Mob: 07866 173685) for someone to be paired with volunteer to help them. Available in Withernsea and very close area only.
- Hull and East Yorkshire Mind - Offering support at this uncertain time- We are still offering support at this uncertain time, ensuring we can help as many people as possible with their mental health. If you or someone you know could do with support, please get in touch. We are here for you. Call 01482 240200 or email email@example.com.
- Hull ReNew - We have nappies, wipes, blankets and toys to give to those most in need. Call ReNew on 01482 620 013 to request a pack and we can deliver to your doorstep.
- Scarborough & Ryedale Carers Resource- working across the east riding delivering post hospital discharge care to the vulnerable, during the lock down to assist by providing shopping medication etc. alongside of our normal assessments and sign posting role. Refer into the service via 01723 850155, available to any patient discharged from hospital 18yrs and above that may require additional support to prevent readmission.
- Seaton, Catfoss and Wassand in need of support, phone:
- Sigglesthorne Sources of Support-Phone:
- Aldbrough Support - 07472 384776,
Facebook Aldbrough Covid 19 Mutual Aid Team-
- East Riding Council:
Request Support - 01482 393919 - open Monday to Friday 9-9, Saturday & Sunday 9-6
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org Web site - www.eastriding.gov.uk/coronavirus
Hornsea Crisis Support:
01964 761111-Email email@example.com-
Facebook Hornsea Crisis Support
Hornsea - Hub:
- Hull Street Angels Trinity- registered volunteers to help with shopping, prescriptions and buddy calls- online request form- www.hullstreetangelstrinity.org.uk